Sheet-Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Category: Chicken Delight
- 8 flour tortillas (each 6 inches)
- 3 bell peppers (1 red, 1 green, and 1 yellow), cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 large white onion, cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded 1/2 inch thick
- 1 lime, halved, plus wedges for serving
- Sliced avocado, sour cream, salsa, and fresh cilantro leaves
- Step 1
Preheat broiler, with racks in upper and lower thirds. Stack tortillas and wrap in parchment-lined foil; place on lower rack. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss vegetables with 2 tablespoons oil; season with salt and sprinkle with 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder. Arrange in a single layer and broil on upper rack, flipping once, until just charred and softened, about 8 minutes.
- Step 2
Drizzle chicken with remaining 2 tablespoons oil, season with salt, and sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder. Push vegetables to edges of sheet; arrange chicken in a single layer in center. Broil, flipping once, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender, about 8 minutes. Remove tortillas and sheet from oven; let stand 5 minutes. Transfer chicken to a cutting board; slice into strips. Return to sheet; squeeze lime halves over vegetables and chicken. Serve with tortillas and accompaniments.